The Intro: Welcome to the Blog!

Thanks for stopping in to check out this blog!  Here is where I'll be sharing updates on the goings on of the City of Appleton Common Council.  I hope it will keep District 13 residents (and anyone else interested) informed of what's happening in our local government, spur healthy debate about how our city is run, and give you a bit of an insider's look into the common council workings.

But first... a short introduction.  I've been a resident of "the north side" of Appleton for nearly 20 years and a District 13 resident for the last nine.  I'm a half-time single mom of my beautiful Nora and her dogs (my step-dogs!) Koda and Copper.  As a retired business owner and manager, I come to the Common Council table with a business and accounting background.  But I studied mass communications (a fancy description for journalism) and public relations at UW-Milwaukee many moons ago as well.  

I'm excited to get to know YOU, my neighbors, better and to get to know more of the inner workings of the City of Appleton government and our city department heads so that I can best represent our neighborhoods in city government.  

In this blog, I'll provide updates on the regular Common Council meetings (at 7pm on the first and third Wednesdays of each month) and on the committee meetings that happen on the second and fourth weeks of the month.  There are seven standing committees in the city: 

  • Finance Committee
  • Human Resources and Information Technology
  • Safety and Licensing 
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Municipal Services
  • Community and Economic Development 
  • Utilities
All meetings are open to the public either in person (City Hall, 6th Floor) or online.  You can find the schedule for each week and links to meeting agendas and links to online meetings in progress here

Please click the menu bars ("hamburger") at the top left of this blog to sign up for emailed notifications of updates posted here.  I will also share blog posts on my Facebook alderman page ("like" and follow!), on various neighborhood Facebook pages, and on our neighborhood Nextdoor pages.

Thanks for visiting here.  I look forward to hearing from you!

Comments