The Notes: Week of December 27 - December 31, 2021

Neighbors, I hope that your Christmas wishes all came true or that, at the very least, you are on your way to making them come true this week and/or in the coming new year!  I was blessed to have had a lot of holiday time with my daughter, Nora, a small celebration with some of my very large family, and a special "early Christmas" celebration last week.  As cheesy as it sounds, I also feel very blessed to have been able to represent District 13 in city government in 2021.  I look forward, with pleasure, to also serving you well through 2022. 

Though it's not City of Appleton business, I want to share that I have also filed papers to run for the Outagamie County Board of Supervisors to represent the county's District 22 which encompasses much of the City of Appleton's District 13 and some of the surrounding township properties.  I believe that my work for our district in city government makes me uniquely qualified to also represent our neighborhoods at the county government level as well.  It's my hope that you agree!  I will share more in this regard as we near the April 5, 2022, election date.  In the meantime, please share with me any concerns or questions you might have and I'll be more than happy to be in touch with you.

As you might have guessed (or as last week's blog post might have tipped you off to), there are no meetings in City of Appleton government this week.  Normally, this week would be "Fifth Week" (fully explained here) in city government anyway.  So... no one is missing much!  The city's snowplows will still be running (if they're needed and I wish they wouldn't have to be needed), garbage and recycling will still be collected (many thanks to those whose job this is!), and the Finance Department will still be collecting real estate tax payments (oh, boy!).  But city government is much like any commercial enterprise where many employees spend their vacation time between Christmas and New Years Day and a "skeleton crew" often finds that it's much more difficult to accomplish as much as can be accomplished other weeks of the year. 

I'm grateful that you tuned in today for this short spiel... and if you didn't... then you are not reading this (HA HA!) but I've still kept my promise to keep you residents of District 13 informed about the actions, or lack thereof, in city government with a weekly blog post.

I hope that your New Year is rung in safely.  I look forward to hearing from you in 2022!  



Comments